All forms of dissemination have to include the following acknowledgment and EU-emblem: “This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 722068.” All dissemination of results reflects only the author’s view and the Agency is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.
- Paolucci, I., Sandu, R.M., Sahli, L., Prevost, G.A., Storni, F., Candinas, D., Weber, S. and Lachenmayer, A., 2019. “Ultrasound based planning and navigation for non anatomical liver resections—an ex-vivo study.” IEEE Open Journal of Engineering in Medicine and Biology. DOI: 10.1109/OJEMB.2019.2961094
- Teatini, A., Pelanis, E., Aghayan, D.L., Kumar, R.P., Palomar, R., Fretland, Å.A., Edwin, B. and Elle, O.J., 2019. The effect of intraoperative imaging on surgical navigation for laparoscopic liver resection surgery. Scientific Reports, 9(1), pp.1-11. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-019-54915-3
- Satpute, N., Naseem, R., Pelanis, E., Gómez-Luna, J., Cheikh, F. A., Elle, O. J., & Olivares, J. (2019). GPU Acceleration of Liver Enhancement for Tumor Segmentation. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, 105285. DOI: 10.1016/j.cmpb.2019.105285
- Gholinejad, M., J. Loeve, A., & Dankelman, J. (2019). Surgical process modelling strategies: which method to choose for determining workflow?. Minimally Invasive Therapy & Allied Technologies, 28(2), 91-104. DOI: 10.1080/13645706.2019.1591457
- Egidijus Pelanis, Rahul P. Kumar, Davit L. Aghayan, Rafael Palomar, Åsmund A. Fretland, Henrik Brun, Ole Jakob Elle & Bjørn Edwin (2019) Use of mixed reality for improved spatial understanding of liver anatomy,Minimally Invasive Therapy & Allied Technologies, DOI: 10.1080/13645706.2019.1616558
- Pérez de Frutos, J., Hofstad, E. F., Solberg, O. V., Tangen, G. A., Lindseth, F., Langø, T., Elle, O. J., & Mårvik, R.“Laboratory test of Single Landmark registration method for ultrasound-based navigation in laparoscopy using an open-source platform.” Computed Assisted Radiology and Surgery (CARS) 2018 Conference/International Journal of Computed Assisted Radiology and Surgery. Springer 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s11548-018-1830-7
Books and Book Chapters
- Paolucci, I., Sandu, R.M., Tinguely, P.M.P., Kim-Fuchs, C., Maurer, M., Candinas, D., Weber, S. and Lachenmayer, A., 2019. “Stereotactic Image-Guidance for Ablation of Malignant Liver Tumors” in Liver Cancer, IntechOpen DOI: 10.5772/intechopen.89722
- Eigl, B. P. “Irreversible electroporation in pancreatic cancer.” InTech Open (Book Chapter)
- Z. A. Khan, A. Beghdadi, F. Alaya-Cheikh, M. Kaaniche, E. Pelanis, R. Palomar, A. A. Fretland, B. Edwin, O. J. Elle, “Towards a video quality assessment based framework for enhancement of laparoscopic videos “, accepted in SPIE Medical Imaging 2020, Houston, Texas, USA, 15 – 20 February 2020
- Raluca-Maria Sandu; Paolucci, Iwan; Tinguely, Pascale; Freedman, Jacob; Weber, Stefan. “Quantitative Volumetric Assessment of CT-guided Ablation Treatments for Colorectal Liver Metastases” (poster presentation; 250 words abstract) in IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) International Student Conference (ISC) 2019, Magdeburg, Germany, November 2019
- Naseem, R., Cheikh, F.A., Beghdadi, A., Elle, O.J. and Lindseth, F., 2019, October. “Cross Modality Guided Liver Image Enhancement of CT Using MRI”. In 2019 8th European Workshop on Visual Information Processing (EUVIP) (pp. 46-51). IEEE.
- Raluca-Maria Sandu “Quantitative ablation – MAVERRIC Study” (Conference Talk) at ECALSS (European Computer Assisted Liver Surgery Society) Bern, Switzerland, October 2019
- Raluca-Maria Sandu, Iwan Paolucci, Trinidad Castillo, Pascale Tinguely, “Quantitative volumetric assessment of percutaneous image-guided microwave ablations for colorectal liver metastases – a case study” (250 words abstract) Stefan Freedman in SMIT, International Society for Medical Innovation and Technology, Heillbronn, Germany, October 2019
- Sandu, R.M., Paolucci, I., Tinguely, P.M.P., Candinas, D., Freedman, J. and Weber, S., 2019. “Quantitative volumetric assessment of percutaneous image-guided microwave ablations for colorectal liver metastases” CURAC (Computer- and Robot-Assisted Surgery) Conference Reutligen, Germany, September 2019
- Hrabuska, R., Sandu, R.M., Paolucci, I. and Weber, S. “A Framework For The Quantitative Assessment of Image-guided Percutaneous Ablation of Hepatic Lesions” CURAC (Computer- and Robot-Assisted Surgery) Conference Leipzig Germany, September 2018.
- Pelanis, E., Kumar, R. P., Fretland, A. A., Palomar, R., Elle, O. J., Edwin, B. “Use of HoloLens during laparoscopic liver resections” EAES 2018 (Abstract/Poster) https://eaes.eu/eaes2018/
- Pelanis, E., Kumar, R. P., Fretland, A. A., Palomar, R., Elle, O. J., Edwin, B. “An Early Assessment for the use of HoloLens during Laparoscopic Liver Resections” IHPBA 2018 (Abstract/Presentation) https://www.ihpba2018.com/
- Khan, Z. A., Kaaniche, M., Beghdadi, A. & Cheikh, F. A. “Joint Statistical Models for No-Reference Stereoscopic Image Quality Assessment”. EUVIP2018. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8611676
- Sergei Nikolaev, Igor Peterlik, Stéfane Cottin. “Stochastic correction of boundary conditions during liver surgery”. CVCS 2018 – 9th Colour and Visual Computing Symposium 2018 https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8496720
- Teatini, A., Pérez de Frutos, J., Langø, T., Edwin, B., & Elle, O. J. “Assessment and Comparison of Target Registration Accuracy in Surgical Instrument Tracking Technologies”. IEEE EMBC 2018. https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7979650/
- Teatini A., Wang C., Palomar R., Alaya Cheikh F., Beghdadi A., Edwin B., Elle O. J., “Validation of stereo vision based liver surface reconstruction for image guided surgery. ” CVCS 2018 – 9th Colour and Visual Computing Symposium 2018 https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/8496589
- Eigl, B. P., Peterhans, M., Weber, S., Candinas, B., Gloor, B., & Worni, M. “3D planning of irreversible electroporation treatment in pancreatic carcinoma: a use case.” IHPBA 2018 (Abstract). https://www.ihpba2018.com/
- Eigl, B. P.“First experience with computer-assisted laparoscopic needle guidance for pancreatic tumour ablation in a pig.” CURAC 2018. https://www.curac.org/en/
- Eigl, B. P.“Stereotactic image-guidance for percutaneous transgastric irreversible electroporation of pancreatic tumors – an animal case.”CURAC 2018 (Extended Abstract). https://www.curac.org/en/
- Teatini A., Edwin B., Elle O. J. “Assessment of target registration error for hybrid instrument tracking for image guided surgery applications.” SMIT 2017 (Abstract/Presentation) http://smit2017.com/
- Eigl, B. P., Peterhans, M., Weber, S., Gloor, B., & Worni, M. “Evaluation of a 3D planning tool for irreversible electroporation treatment in pancreatic cancer.” SMIT 2017 (Abstract). http://smit2017.com/
- Pelanis, E., Oram, L., Kumar, R. P., Elle, O. J., Edwin, B. “Magnetic resonance imaging compatible liver phantom with 3D printed vessels for pre-clinical assessment.” SMIT 2017 (Abstract/Presentation) http://smit2017.com/
Details of HiPeNav Training events and schools can already be found on the separate ‘Training’ tab on the website.
- “Health Innovation and entrepreneurship 2018” organized by The University of Oslo (UiO), Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Karolinska Institutet (KI) in Stockholm, The healthcare business clusters Nansen Neuroscience Network. Participant: Pelanis, E. https://www.med.uio.no/english/research/school-of-health-innovation/courses/health-innovation-and-entrepreneurship.html
- “Multidisciplinary Pancreatic Workshop 2018” organized by European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology. Participant: Eigl, B. P.
- “PUMPS Summer school” 15 July -20 July 2018, Barcelona. Participant: Zachariadis, O. https://pumps.bsc.es/2018/
- “Årlig forskningsseminar for Akuttklinikken 2018″ organized by Division of Critical Care, Oslo University hospital. Speaker: Pelanis, E.
- “The 6thCongress for Section of Young Surgeons of the Hungarian Surgical Association (FISESZ)2018” organized by Section of Young Surgeons of the Hungarian Surgical Association (FISESZ) Speaker: Pelanis, E.http://www.fisesz.hu
- “25 years anniversary for the Norwegian Society for Thoraco-Laparoscopic Surgery2018” organized by The Norwegian Society for Thoraco-Laparoscopic Surgery. Speaker: Pelanis, E.
- “Laboratory test of Single Landmark registration method for ultrasound-based navigation in laparoscopy using an open-source platform (announced as: Open-source platform for ultrasound-based navigation in laparoscopy: Laboratory test of Single Landmark registration method)” organized by International Society for Computer Aided Surgery (ISCAS) Conference, within CARS (Berlin) 2018. Speaker: Pérez de Frutos, J. https://www.cars-int.org/cars_2018/scientific_program/iscas/navigation.html?L=0%2529
- “Høstmøtet 2017” organized by Norwegian Surgical Association. Participant: Pelanis, E. https://www.hostmotet.no
Organization of Scientific Events
Conferences & workshop
- “EUVIP2019”, European Workshop on Visual Information Processing, Rome 28-31 October 2019, General Co-chair: Beghdadi, A., http://euvip.org/
- Project Dissemination Day at EUVIP2019, “HiPerNav desk & poster”
- “QoMEX 2019 Special Session on Perceptual visual information quality enhancement evaluation: challenges and opportunities” in Berlin Germany Special Session Organizer and chair Beghdadi, A. https://www.qomex2019.de/special-session-perceptual-visual-information-quality-enhancement-evaluation-challenges-and-opportunities/
- “EUVIP2018” in Tampere Finland http://www.tut.fi/euvip2018/. General Co-chair: Beghdadi, A. and Special Session Co-chair: Cheikh, F. A.
- Dissemination Poster Session @ “EUVIP2019”, European Workshop on Visual Information Processing, Rome 28-31 October 2019
- Spanish Radio Interview @ COPE.ES: https://www.cope.es/emisoras/andalucia/cordoba-provincia/cordoba/innovacion-y-ciencia/audios/joaquin-olivares-sobre-proyecto-hipernav-20191127_931700