What is HiPerNav?
HiPerNav is an Innovative Training Network (ITN) funded through a Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 722068. There are 14 fully funded and 2 partially funded PhD’s working on the project.
The project aims to improve soft tissue navigation through research and development, to improve several bottleneck areas:
- Creating effective pre-operative model(s) and planning
- Faster and more accurate intra-operative model updates
- Faster and more accurate model-to-patient registration
- More intuitive user-interaction and effective workflow
- Usage of high performance computing (e.g. GPU)